Our services are provided by and maintained by us for your information, entertainment and to build an online community.
The services offered by us include features, content, applications, competitions, prize draws and/or other promotions.
By using these services, you may need to download software and/or content and/or agree to additional terms.
Community Guidelines, which set out our approach to community interaction and how we moderate your content, such as comments made in relation to our articles; and
We may, at our discretion change, remove, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our services at any time including the availability of any content (e.g. a community forum may be withdrawn). Whilst we will do our best to make all content available to all users of our services, some content may not be available to users from all countries.
Using our services
Our content, trade marks, copyright, patents, logos, domain names and other related intellectual property rights or other features of our brand belong to us or to our licensors. Your use of our services does not grant you any rights in our or our licensors’ intellectual property whether for commercial or non-commercial use.
We grant our users a licence to access and use our services and intellectual property rights (subject to your ability to access our services as set out above) and to the following usage restrictions:
(a) you may use our services for personal, private and non-commercial purposes; and
(b) you must not commercially exploit, or sell any content appearing on our services (this does not apply to any user content posted by you and in which you retain ownership rights – see paragraph on user generated content below).
Third party content
Costs of using our services
We provide our users with a variety of services. To benefit fully from our services, we may occasionally require you to download our content and/or call our service providers. If there are charges associated to any of these services, we will make it clear before you incur any such charges and you will be responsible for any charges incurred from that point on.
Terms subject to change
Content generated by users
Users of our services may submit, post and/or upload content (including comments and pictures) to various parts of our services. In posting your content on our services, you confirm to us that you are the owner or have the consent from the owner to post the content and it does not violate the privacy rights, copyright and other intellectual property rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
By submitting content, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content that you post (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology, and you waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author, of such content.
We do not endorse your content, or the content of journalists contacted by us. We do not guarantee the accuracy or authority of your content. We reserve the right to remove your content, at any time and for any reason, in accordance with our Community Guidelines.
We will always aim to provide you with the best service we can, but our service is provided “as is” and we do not and cannot promise that all of the information we provide will always be 100% accurate.
Whilst we take every care to ensure that all information is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied to us by our third party partners. We have no control over third party content and we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of such third party content. Before relying on any information, whether it is from us or from our third party partners, we advise you to verify the accuracy of such information.
Although we will do our best to ensure that our service is fully operational at all times, we are not responsible for any problems or temporary interruptions in using our services arising from factors outside of our control (e.g. technical problems from traffic congestion on the internet) or for any problems arising from participating in or from downloading third party content.
Under no circumstances shall we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of our services, relying on our content or from any content posted on or through our services. However, we will not limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence in providing our services.
Limitation of our liability to you
You agree that to the extent permissible by law, your sole and only remedy for any problems, issues or concerns with our service is to stop using our services.
The law that governs our services
Our content means any text, files, images, photos, graphics, video, sounds, musical works, or any other materials that we post on or through our services.
Third party content any text, files, images, photos, graphics, video, sounds, musical works, or any other materials posted on or through our services by our third party partners.
Us, our, we means, IB Insider Limited whose registered 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, United Kingdom, WC1N 3AX.
Your content means any text, files, images, graphics, photos, video, sounds, musical works, or any other materials that a user posts on or through our services.
Part 2 – Community Guidelines
You must be 18 or over to use our services. If you are under 18, please stop using our service.
These Community Guidelines are here to help users understand what is considered to be acceptable content on the website. The rules set out below aim to ensure that users engage with mutual respect, whilst encouraging open discussion.
Our service is all about you – our readers. We want to engage you and hear your views, and we ask for your participation and vigilance.
If you see something that has been posted by another reader and that you think is inappropriate, please let us know right away by reporting the comment as set out below or emailing email@example.com
These Guidelines are applicable to all users and therefore should be read before posting a comment.
The IB Insider welcomes and encourages all readers to comment and share their opinion. However, certain comments will not be tolerated if they are not legal or do not add an interesting opinion, value, positivity, knowledge or constructive conversation.
Comments that will not be tolerated and will be deleted without notice at our sole discretion include those that contain:
- Crude language including swear words and sexually explicit language
- Threatening, abusive or offensive language
- Racist language
- Language that offends any part of the LGBT community
- Sexist language
- Content in any other language but English
- Content that preaches, encourages or incites religious or ethnic hatred
- Content that links to websites that promote the above
- Knowingly false or misleading content
Defamatory language and defamatory comments about others
Content that will not be tolerated also includes:
- Personal information – yours or someone else’s
- Spam – the same content posted over and over either on the same article or across different articles
- All external URLS linking to other content including:
- URLs and content that may be unsafe or contain material that such as viruses, files, programmes and code designed to corrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment connected to IB Insider
- Advertising/sponsorship/external URLs for any commercial purpose
- All comments with images
- Petitions or solicitations for donations for campaigns
- Content that may prejudice both pending and on-going court proceedings
- Content that breaks the law or condones, encourages or provides instructions for illegal or otherwise harmful activities
- Copyright infringements or content that infringes other intellectual property rights
In some cases, we may have to remove an entire segment of content, including messages that do not breach our terms, if it is part of a topic or conversation that was in breach of our guidelines or no longer make sense without a deleted comment. For example, if we remove a racist comment, the responses will no longer be relevant and will be removed.
The IB Insider reserves the right to permanently ban any account at our own sole discretion.
Users who are persistent in posting untolerated content within their comments, according to our judgement, may have their accounts banned. This means that a user will find they are unable to comment on the IB Insider on any article across the website.
Moderators may be forced to ban users as a result of the below actions:
- Posting content in breach of these Community Guidelines on the website – even if posted once
- Continuously attempting to re-post comments that have been previously moderated and deleted
- Posting continuous argumentative and/or off topic comments
- Posting comments that harass, threaten or attack anyone or otherwise behave in any way that would cause annoyance or distress to others
- Using offensive or inappropriate screen names
- Gaining unauthorised access to IB Insider, user accounts, computer system or networks connected to IB Insider website
- Impersonating another person, whether a friend, family member, celebrity, moderator, another user of our services or an employee of any member IB Insider.
- Registering or submitting content if you have been banned (for example with someone else’s account) without permission
These rules are there to protect other users of IB Insider and improve the community that we are so proud of. By virtue of this, we ask that you post responsibly without violating the above terms.
Our guidance in making comments
The IB Insider is invested in creating a valuable forum and a place for individuals to read and share their opinions. Below we have set out some suggestions as to how to write an effective comment that won’t be moderated:
- Stay on the main topic of discussion
- Avoid Caps Lock – it can look like you are shouting and sometimes have a negative impact on the way your comment is perceived
- Be open-minded about other people’s opinions and views – although you don’t have to agree with everyone, insulting or mocking their opinion is not acceptable
- Engage with other users appropriately – be respectful and polite to other users on the site
- Use the Like and Dislike features – this is a good way of communicating you agree or disagree without being argumentative
- Ask thoughtful questions
- Respond to Community Questions at the top of articles and IB Insider team comments
- Double check your message before you post it – you will be allowed to edit it for a short amount of time
In following these tips along with adhering to all of the Community Guidelines, it is very unlikely your comment will be moderated.
However, reporting comments that are not legitimate violations can impact how efficiently we are able to remove the actual violations. Disagreement with someone’s views is not a reason to report them.
When we receive your complaint, we will evaluate it and decide on the most suitable action. Rest assured that all complaints will be checked promptly and professionally.
We may amend these Guidelines or any of our terms to ensure we remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations and that we are constantly improving your use of our services.